Two hands better than one to make Marc on Sydney-Hobart > 자유게시판

본문 바로가기
사이트 내 전체검색

자유게시판

Two hands better than one to make Marc on Sydney-Hobart

페이지 정보

작성자 Klaus 댓글 0건 조회 16회 작성일 24-04-28 16:36

본문

Hoisting his sail for his 10th Sydney to Hobart, Marc Michel isn't yet daring to dream about taking out the bluewater classic.

Michel makes his return almost two decades since he last jostled for Hobart's Constitution Dock - this time as a favourite in the two-handed division.

He will make the 628-nautical-mile trip on board one of the smallest yachts in this year's fleet of 120 boats, steering 30-footer Niksen with co-skipper Logan Fraser.

It's a far cry from his last attempt in 2005, Nuubu Pflaster Scam when he was part of the crew on board supermaxi yacht Zana.

"I really like small boats and big oceans," Michel told AAP.

"I never sleep better than when I've got 500 miles of ocean around me and two miles underneath me.

"I find that it's just a really good detox from a modern world.

"Some people can't handle that."

The two co-skippers have established a formidable reputation in New Zealand, claiming podium finishes in the SSANZ Triple Series, the RNZYS Three Kings Ocean race and the Round North Island Leg 3 race.

Michel has spent 37 days weathering the seas for the Melbourne Osaka Cup and 18 days crossing the ocean in the Transatlantic Race.

The Niksen team could also be one to watch in the contest for the overall title, should conditions favour smaller boats.

But the former pro sailor has learned not to get ahead of himself, even if the prospect of taking out the overall title let alone his division is undeniably enticing.

"This will be my 10th Hobart provided we get there," Michel said.

"I haven't finished all of those ones, so I know how hard it is.

"It took me three goes before I finished, and I was a lot younger.

"You can think that you've got it in the bag and then it gets taken away from you.

"In 2005, we were leading the race with 50 miles to go from Tasman Island on a 100-footer.

"That should have been easy, but we broke the boat. We cracked the deck in half.

"That was the end of the race for us and we ended up getting a bus to Hobart.

"It would require a lot of things to go our way this year, and I don't really believe in miracles."

회원로그인

접속자집계

오늘
어제
최대
전체

그누보드5
Copyright © 소유하신 도메인. All rights reserved.